Friday, December 18, 2009

A taste for art

Sydney loves to color. She definitely prefers markers to crayons as her medium of choice. She's also quite particular about which coloring books she uses, which I find rather humorous considering she scribbles so thoroughly that the original picture is nearly obscured.

I keep a bin of craft supplies under the desk where the laptop sits. Sydney will frequently come and grab her Sesame Street coloring book, along with her "mermaid purse" (a souvenir from the aquarium at the Mall of America, which we turned into a marker case.) She then climbs on a chair at the dining room table and goes to work.


When I look at these pictures, I can't help but think of something my dad told me once, about one of the reasons he loved teaching art.
When was the last time, I remember him asking, that you saw a kid get so engrossed in a math problem that their tongue started to hang out.

No comments:

Post a Comment