Wednesday, December 16, 2009

So much to learn

Poor AJ. Just about the time he's getting the hang of skating, they go and put orange cones in his path and expect him to maneuver around them.

And if that's not enough, he's got to do it with a hockey stick that's easily 1-2 feet too long for him. Why? Let's just chalk this one up as a rookie mistake. Mommy learned an important lesson on Sunday. It's not enough to just grab AJ's hockey bag. Be sure to grab the hockey stick, too.


This experience has renewed my thoughts that it's better being a soccer mom, than a hockey mom. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that sitting outside and watching a soccer game on a warm summer night is a heckuva lot more pleasant than standing inside a chilly ice arena. (And next month, we get to start practicing at an outdoor rink. That's gonna just be great!) Added to that, soccer has far less equipment to remember.

1 comment:

  1. Can't help but laugh. Didn't you learn ANYTHING from your youth? (Or more recently from watching your husband's games?) Didn't you learn anything from when your brother was in youth hockey, AND your Dad was the hockey coach? (I'm still laughing.) HOCKEY IS A COLD GAME and there's a lot of "stuff" that goes along with it. I haven't been in a WARM hockey arena or outside ice rink yet. I know I sure haven't forgotten how cold I got at Eric's games. Maybe that's why your sister likes being a soccer mom.
    At least I was able to let Dad worry about the equipment.
    Yup, Hockey Mom, I'm still laughing. Been there, done that. YOUR turn.

    ReplyDelete