Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Birthdays are sweet!

I'd intended to post this earlier today, but blogger wasn't allowing me to upload photos. A few more reflections on my four-year-old's big day...

It seems the way to my birthday princess's heart is through her stomach. Via her sweet tooth. 

At the end of the day, I asked her what was her favorite part. Her answer? It wasn't the Rapunzel costume or the princess castle.

 

It wasn't the new butterfly net. (Though I suspect that ranks right up there on AJ's list of favorite parts of the day. He's already tried to negotiate a trade: his bamboo-handled net for her new plastic one.)


It wasn't any of the presents. Sydney's top highlight was "bringing cupcakes to my friends." She'd helped the day before (and by helped, I mean she licked off the spoon and attempted to scrape and lick more batter out of the bowl) to make pink cupcakes with pink frosting.


Her second favorite part? A surprise trip to Dairy Queen after AJ's baseball practice was done.


I didn't push her to continue ranking the day's events, but I suspect if I had, the third thing on the list would have been her new booster chair.  Technically, I'm not counting it as a birthday present because she was with me and helped pick it out. Now that she's four, she can sit in a booster seat like her brother, using a regular seatbelt as the restraint, rather than being strapped into a big car seat. She felt pretty important - and independent ("Mommy, I can buckle myself!") - sitting in her new violet ("It's not purple, Mommy, it's violet!") colored chair.

It's good to be four!

No comments:

Post a Comment