Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bouncing birthday fun

What could be more fun than a birthday party that involves a bouncy house? A birthday party with a bouncy house that has a princess and pirates theme!


My friend Kim held a multi-purpose party Saturday, celebrating her son's birthday #4, her daughter's birthday #6.5, (Cece's real birthday is Christmas Eve), plus her own graduation - she just earned her MBA.

The kids were a bit leery at first, not of the bouncy house, but of Cece, who once, a long time ago, tried to kiss AJ. He didn't appreciate it, and he's not letting go of the grudge.


So it was fun (and perhaps a little bit of a blow to his ego) to discover Cece was having so much fun with her girlfriends, that she pretty much ignored AJ. Meanwhile AJ found a few boys at the party who liked to sword fight, and suddenly all was well.

When it came time to leave, the kids didn't want to go. I needed to run a few errands before stores closed, so Kim suggested I let the kids stay and play, and go shopping without them. (She sure didn't have to make that offer twice!) I asked the kids if they wanted to do that, and got two enthusiastic shouts of approval. As I walked past the bouncy house on my way out, Sydney was already back inside, jumping up and down as she shouted, "Bye, Mom, we'll miss you!"



Call me a skeptic, but I didn't really believe her.

The party was so much fun we're going to copy it. We're finally going to invite Sydney's friends over in a few weeks for a belated birthday party for her, and so I just called and rented a bouncy house for the occasion. I'm pretty sure I'll be bouncing a few times before the party ends (or at least before we have to return it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment