Sunday, June 19, 2011

Weekend celebrations

We did it! We survived the weekend. Here's a quick recap of our last 36 hours (in chronological order): 

  • I ran the half marathon and managed to shave five minutes off my time from last year and beat my goal of two hours (1:59:20 was the official chip time).
  • AJ wrapped up his week-long hockey school scoring a hat trick in the final game.

  • Our ring bearer graduated from high school. (Okay, he actually graduated two weeks ago, but the party was Saturday.)
  • My nephew turned 21. Too bad I didn't think to bring a camera to either Tanner's or Jonathon's parties.
  • Sunday morning we celebrated Fathers Day with my Dad. We gave him the royal treatment - going to McDonald's for breakfast and giving him (Eric and I) identical cards. What better way to show Dad how much we appreciate him?


Sunday afternoon we made it home right about the time Jeff was waking up. Since there wasn't much time before he had to get ready for work, we celebrated his special day in the best way my tired legs could think of: soaking in the hot tub.


As we sat there, I couldn't help but think of this morning's children's sermon. The pastor asked for examples of where/when we felt peace. Immersed in soothing hot water and surrounded by my husband and kids, it was wonderfully peaceful. 

At least for a few moments it was. 


I can't believe we managed to pack so many important events into such a short period of time. Of course it would have been better if Jeff could have been a bigger part of it, but all in all it was a pretty fabulous weekend.


The only thing we didn't seem to find time to do was sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment