Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Aging outlooks

Isn't it funny how perspective changes as we get older. That annoyance of having to pull out your drivers license at the liquor store when you're in your mid-20s, becomes the highlight of your day when you're 40. "I got carded!"
 
It's a similar story at bedtime. "Bedtime is the worst time of the day," AJ complained last night. "I wish it was morning so we could play."
 

"You just wait," I told him. "When you're my age, it's the opposite. Bedtime is a good thing, and it's when the alarm goes off in the morning that you dread."

"Sleeping just seems like a waste of time," AJ said. "I have other things I want to do more."

He continued, "you probably like bedtime because it gives you a break from your kids."

That boy is pretty smart!

No comments:

Post a Comment