Sunday, September 23, 2012

What they watch on TV...

I can tell fall is here. How? Because AJ's after dinner activity of choice is no longer baseball in the front yard. It's playing hockey in the basement.

That happened last night. And Jeff agreed to play with him. And Sydney agreed to go with them so she could be the pretty cheerleader, or something.

And that's how I found myself alone in the living room with the TV remote in my hand. Bye-bye cartoons. Mom is seeing what else is on.

Ever hear of "What happens in Vegas"? I know it's a tag line for the tourist industry there, but it's also a nearly five year old movie (I go to non-animated movies even less than I watch non-animated TV) with Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kutcher - a romantic comedy. And so I started watching.

A half hour or so later I was still watching when my hockey players and cheerleaders returned from the basement. AJ plopped himself on the couch and started watching the movie with me.

I don't know what it's official rating was, but this mom deemed the banter... between characters who'd gotten drunk and married and then won a jackpot in Las Vegas and now are being forced by a judge to try and make the marriage work if they want any of their winnings...  as not appropriate for seven year olds.

But before I could say that, AJ started bouncing up and down on the couch, "I love this part. This is really funny!"

"You've seen this movie before?" I was stunned.

"Yeah, I watched it with Dad when I was in like kindergarten."

Oh, how lovely.

What happens in Vegas supposedly stays in Vegas. What happens on TV stays in my kids' memories for a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment