Tuesday, September 25, 2012

And the award for silliest hair goes to...

I love having my hair combed by someone other than me. When I'm tired, it relaxes me as much as a massage would.
 
Sydney can often be talked into styling my hair. And even though she doesn't necessarily have the gentlest touch, it's still better than nothing.
 
Sunday evening, I was watching TV with the kids during the final hour before bedtime, and I asked Sydney if she'd like to style my hair.
 
"Sure!" was her enthusiastic response. And then she did nothing, distracted by whatever cartoon we were watching. I reminded her a few minutes later, but she remained enthralled with Sponge Bob.
 
In desperation, I turned to AJ, "How would you like to give me silly hair, tonight?"
 
"Silly hair?" Sydney interupted. "I'll give you silly hair!"
 
It's all in how you sell it!
 
And so she happily twisted and clipped my hair, and then took a really blurry picture when she was done.
 
 
And then I did the same thing for her (except for the blurry picture part).

 
And then we giggled and showed Dad what we'd done, and giggled some more. And then we took out all the clips and did it again.
 
Sydney decided our styles needed names. So this is the silly fountain style:

 
And mine is the silly rainbow style.

 
Our styles were so silly that Sydney decided we deserved a trophy. And so she drew one for us.

 
Later, as we snuggled in bed, she declared that Monday night would be fancy hair style night. We did that last night, but didn't bother taking pictures. It turns out there's really not much difference between silly and fancy.
 
But I got my hair styled two nights in a row. Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment