Monday, September 24, 2012

All in a morning's workout

Week two of gymnastics for Sydney was just as fun as the first. And even harder to photograph with the relatively slow shutter speed on my iPhone camera.
 
 
There was a lot of bouncing and jumping. On trampolines, mats and spring boards. My
little daredevil loved it.
 
AJ, meanwhile, came along this week and discovered it wasn't half bad. True, Sydney's gymnastics class doesn't take place in the back room of a pizza restaurant, like her dance lessons did; so his chances of getting pizza for his next meal are greatly diminished. However, he did find plenty to do in the side room. For instance, he was able to lift small weights, and work out on an exercise bike.
 
 
Even better, there was a phooseball table.
 

Of course, Sydney's gymnastics lessons suddenly didn't seem so fun to her once she saw the fun her brother was having. So when class ended, I let her play for a few minutes.


And then I figured out a way to make this work to my advantage. Next week, when I'm trying to hustle her out the door, I'll simply remind her that if we get there early, she'll have time to play in the side room. She'll flip!

No comments:

Post a Comment