Monday, January 12, 2009

The connoisseur of fine juice drinks

It shouldn't be this hard to outsmart a toddler!
Sydney has suddenly taken a liking to Kool-aid juice boxes. I think it's the pouch with a straw (more so than the actual juice) that she finds so appealing.
Regardless of her reason, she is constantly asking for "Jhoo! Jhoo!"
Recently, I found a juice box left on the coffee table that she'd started, but couldn't have had more than a few sips. Right about that moment, she saw the box of juice pouches on the counter and started pointing and chanting, "Jhoo! Jhoo!"
I tried handing her the pouch I'd just found, but she wanted nothing to do with it. "Nooooo!" she squealed, continuing to point to the box of new pouches on the counter.
"Fine," I said. I turned my back to her, making a big deal of pretending to pull out a new pouch. I then turned back and again handed her the original juice pouch.
"Noooooo!" She squealed again.
How could she know?
I caved at that point and gave her a new one. A little while later, however, I did have the last laugh. Having finished the full pouch (though apparently not realizing it), Sydney wanted more. I again handed her the original one, which she happily drank. Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment