Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Little Linus

Sydney has never been big on traditional security items. She's always refused a pacifier, has no favorite long-term toy (her moods and whims change too frequently) and hates blankets. Until now.


Maybe it's due to the recent cold spells, but suddenly Sydney wants to be covered by a blanket at bedtime. But not just any blanket. The little girl who loves all things pink and Dora and cashmere, has taken a liking to a cheap blue blanket from IKEA that her aunt Sarah gave us because she'd received it in a gift exchange at work and didn't want it.

Sydney woke up about 1:30 this morning, and silly me, I pulled her from her crib, minus the blanket. I tried to lay down on the couch with her, but when I started to cover us up with the blanket that was there, Sydney, even in her groggy state, started crying, "No, no, no".

By coincidence, another polar fleece blanket was within arm's reach so I covered her with that instead. Even in the dark, that wasn't good enough. Apparently the knots/tassles on the edge felt different. I went back to her crib for the blue blanket and she settled right down.

I've told you, Sydney, Mommy's favorite Peanuts character is Sally, not Linus.

No comments:

Post a Comment