Saturday, January 24, 2009

Kid immersion

I'm bogged down at work (I know, I know, in this economy I should be grateful for that) and I've got a couple freelance projects besides. It all added up to a pretty ugly week, and I don't expect to see that proverbial light at the end of the tunnel for at least a few more weeks.

So what's a stressed out Mom supposed to do? Spend a day in denial, focusing solely on her kids.


The Children's Museum had a special music/dance program Friday morning. Nevermind that AJ just wanted to play with the regular exhibits and Sydney was overwhelmed by all the people and so became extra clingy. We still had fun.

At the "campsite", AJ caught and prepared a nice fish lunch for us. Sydney, meanwhile, found a new duck population to line up in a row. Later we checked out the castle exhibit, where AJ found a new - and very appropriate - costume.

"Look, Mom. I'm a clown!"



Friday was awesome medicine for my spirits. Too bad it wreaked havoc on my vocal cords. Sydney's cold has become my cold, and right now I can barely speak above a whisper.

No comments:

Post a Comment