Monday, January 5, 2009

Why does it keep snowing all the time?

That was AJ's question Sunday morning, and it expressed my sentiments exactly! I suppose I should be thankful. The foot of snow that was forecast only materialized into 4-5 inches.

Along with the snow, some sort of rodent also seems to have fallen into our backyard Saturday night.


I'm guessing it was a very skinny rabbit. Unless it has a 2-3 foot vertical leap, it's point of entrance and exit must have been the small gap between the gate and fence post (not visible in the photo). It came in, circled the hot tub once, and left.

I pointed out the tracks to AJ, who theorized, "I think it came to take our carrots."

"Do we have any carrots in the backyard?" I questioned.

"No, it came in our house and ate our carrots!"

That better not have happened. We had a vegetable breakthrough with Sydney this weekend. She suddenly likes cooked carrots. So we're keeping those well-stocked in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment