Saturday, January 16, 2010

Boys versus girls

Ahhh... behold the power of that second X chromosome. Aside from the obvious anatomical differences, my darling little girlie girl provided the perfect example last night. A frilly, lacy, twirling example.

Mommy and Sydney were playing downstairs, "dancing" to some Dora tunes. About the time I was asking myself, "Is there anything cuter than watching a toddler attempt the Hokey-Pokey?", Sydney proved yes, there definitely is. A toddler in a frilly dress attempting to do the Hokey-Pokey:

We'd danced and clapped our way through two or three songs, when suddenly Sydney stopped, turned and headed for the stairs. As she ran, she informed me she needed to wear her Tinkerbell dress.

But, of course! Who wants to dance in blue jeans, when they could be wearing tulle and shiny fabric with sequins? So off we headed to make the costume change.



That lasted a few more songs, until Sydney decided she need to show off for Daddy. That required us to dig out Tinkerbell's wings as well. (Don't tell her the pink wings are from a different costume. I can't find the original green ones.)

Of course I remember the fun of twirling around in a skirt, watching it flare out. I just didn't expect to see it this soon, from a child who typically just wants to try and keep up with her brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment