Saturday, January 9, 2010

He hasn't always been able to talk?

Somehow I forgot that AJ hasn't always been the conversationalist that he is today. In fact, not so long ago, his verbal skills were pretty limited.

I was reminded of this by an e-mail Jeff just forwarded to me. It was an e-mail I'd originally sent to him back in May 2007 while he was attending an Army class at Fort McCoy. AJ and I had been able to visit him for a short time, and so I sent him photos later to remind him of the fun we'd had in the pool. It included a short message from AJ.

Subject: I swimming!

Daddy back Army?
Daddy fun swimming. I go pool too!
I love you Daddy!
AJ




I feel sorry for parents 100 years ago when cameras were a luxury. How many special moments would be forgotten if it weren't for the pictures that help keep the memories fresh?

No comments:

Post a Comment