Thursday, January 21, 2010

Playdate

I don't know who gets more excited by the thought of these playdates: the kids or the moms. But after a really long day of dealing with stupid people, knowing I'd soon be seeing my mom friends was just what I needed to restore my sanity.

The get-together at a McDonald's Playland seems to have had the opposite on the kids:

(We told the kids they could do a goofy face.) The next one was supposed to be a nice smile, but of course my son seems to have ignored that instruction. Why am I not surprised?


This group of friends has been getting together now for almost three years. It thrills me that the kids play together better now than ever, which means we moms get more time for grown up talk. Due to hectic holiday schedules, this was the first time we'd gotten together in several months, making it all the more fun.

Ironically, one of the kids' favorite parts of the night wasn't playing on the big slide. It was my tiny new phone and all the games I've loaded on it. At one point, a large group of older, rowdier kids pretty much commandeered the Playland area, so it was nice to be able to pull out the phone as a distraction to keep our kids from being trampled.

I love this photo:

My friend Jess had to take it with her camera, because mine, as you see, was rather occupied.

Playdates with friends are such a blessing. No matter your age.

No comments:

Post a Comment