Friday, January 15, 2010

Toddler reality check

Sorry Syd, but you seem to have developed a rather misguided view of how things work around here.



This morning... okay, it was actually pretty close to being this afternoon... I finally got in the shower. With hot water pouring over me, I did my best to block out the rest of the world for a few brief moments.

But of course, with little kids around that's just not possible. Within a minute or so, I could hear the tell-tale sound of the bathroom door sliding open and Sydney chattering away.

The noise of the shower made it impossible to understand what exactly she was saying. I could vaguely make out "Mommy... Princess and the Frog."

I assumed that meant she'd either seen a commercial for the movie, or she was announcing she'd found one of her Princess and the Frog musical instruments.

Over the sound of the shower, I tried to explain that I couldn't hear her, and to wait, that Mommy would be done in a couple minutes. She left after that, shutting the door behind her, allowing me to finish my shower in peace.

Alas, the peace didn't last long. I still had a towel wrapped around myself when Sydney slid the door open again. Peering in with a look of impatience she demanded, "Mom, I told you to get Princess and the Frog!"

Yeah. That's not going to fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment