Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Feel the music. Feel our pain.

I just can't wait until next Christmas. AJ and Sydney will be sending a very special present to their cousins Ellie and Ben. A very special, very loud present. What exactly it will be, I'm still not sure. But I've got almost a full year to brainstorm. And I'll be reminded to think about it every time my little darlings march around the house armed with their favorite percussion instruments.

That's Jeff holding up a cell phone so that the New York branch of the Kazel family could hear just how much Sydney (and AJ, too) love the new Princess and the Frog-themed musical instruments that somehow showed up on our doorstep Christmas morning. In the middle of a flippin' blizzard that cancelled church services and everything else around us, UPS made it through with this lovely gift. Joy to the world! It's a Christmas miracle! (Mutter, mutter under my breath.)

The drum and cymbals are the favorites, but there's also a maraca and trumpet that haunt me. The trumpet will need to be "lost" if Sydney ever gets sick. I suspect there's at least a pint of her spit inside it. Not the most sanitary of musical instruments.

Come, they told me, pa-rum-pum-pum-pum...
Our finest gifts we bring, pa-rum-pum-pum-pum...
Yes, there will be a very fine gift sent to New York next Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Now, now, now. You seem to be thinking of this as NOISE. You just don't appreciate good "music". You should be thinking of this as developing your childrens' musical abilities. And you wondered why we didn't let you be in the band in school. But just remember, the practicing stays at YOUR HOUSE. They can't possibly be ready to "go on the road" yet.

    ReplyDelete