Friday, January 29, 2010

Phone insurance

Every so often one of the kids says something that stops me in my tracks and then sends me hustling.

For instance, Sydney was at the table eating cereal this morning. As she ate, I cleaned the kitchen. And that's when I heard:

"Mommy, I clean the milk off your phone."

"No, she couldn't possibly mean that seriously," my thoughts raced. I hadn't realized my new iPhone was anywhere close to where she was sitting. But there it was in her grubby little hands. "Maybe she just means she's playing with the fun Hershey's Syrup app that lets her mix imaginary chocolate milk," my hopeful train of thought continued.

By now I'd reached her and discovered the messy truth. Yes, she had managed to grab my phone. Yes, she had managed to spill milk on it. And yes, she was now smearing the milk all across the screen.

Thank goodness I let Jeff talk me into spending the money to buy the more expensive, supposedly indestructible case. I sighed with relief, just in time to hear Sydney explain, "It was ax-dent."

Thankfully, it wasn't an expensive ax-dent.

No comments:

Post a Comment