Thursday, December 15, 2011

The best homework ever

In the history of homework assignments, not to mention all that are to come, none will ever be more perfect than what Sydney was supposed to do last night. It started with cutting out pictures from catalogs and magazines of things she'd like and then gluing them to a piece of paper.


After that, we headed downstairs to "play holiday music and dance."


It just so happened that Sydney had been at dance class earlier in the evening and so was already wearing the perfect outfit, and was more than happy to teach Mommy some of her moves. Though sometimes she prefered, instead of dancing, to pretend she was a beautiful skater.


On a side note, Jeff deserves credit for getting her ready for dance class, and not doing anything ridiculously silly or wrong. Leotard, tights, leg warmers and even a hair band (the necklace was a treat from preschool that she has yet to take off) - Jeff did good.


Alex of course had to again complain about the absolute unfairness of the homework assignments. He had to write all of his spelling words. Five times. And that was way too hard. A little hockey in the basement was the perfect incentive for him to stop whining and get his work done.


Basement hockey is the winter equivalent of front yard football in the fall, I've decided. It's one of those things that I tell myself I don't have the energy to do. And then when I finally start playing, I discover myself having fun and becoming more energized than I was at the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment