Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sydney time

One of the things I love about kids is their simplistic outlook on life. Sometimes it's exactly what I need to remind me to stop worrying about things I can't control. Problems at work due to an unexpectedly cut budget? What good can come from stressing about it at home? Especially when a Barbie tea party is about to begin in the enchanted forest.


Jeff's Aunt Dee once again has showed her amazing generosity (and very impressive gift wrap abilities) by showering the kids with some early Christmas presents. The Barbie in the turquoise dress reigned supreme, inviting other Barbies to join her. The only requirement was a strict dress code. The party started with an insistance that everyone wear a gown and a crown. A shortage of crowns ended that rule, but the long dress rule remained in effect.


I think it's safe to say that the Christmas season is Sydney's favorite time of the year. The gifts, of course, are nice, but she also loves the decorations. I took her shopping Friday and she was in awe. Pier One Imports and Hallmark are both now known as the Christmas Store. So many ornaments. So little time.

Barnes and Noble is another favorite shopping destination for her. Though in her innocence, she calls it the library at the mall.

As we made our way through the mall Friday, I asked her if she had any ideas for a gift for Daddy. Hmmm.... she thought hard, then held her finger in the air as inspiration struck. "I know. We could get him a Thundar the Barbarian movie. He likes Thundar."

If I thought it was possible to find a DVD of the hideous 70s cartoon, I'd help her buy it. What a perfect way to reward Jeff for upgrading our satellite service to include the Boomerang network. As it is, I guess we'll keep looking.

And I'll keep enjoying all the magic and wonder of Christmas that I get to see through the eyes of my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment