Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Santa pictures

Dear Santa,
What I want for Christmas is two kids who can smile nicely on command for the camera. They both used to be really good at doing it. And goodness knows, as often as I take their pictures for this blog, it's not that they lack practice. AJ generally still smiles nicely, but every so often just seems to forget how to do it. Meanwhile, Sydney has started this silly, prissy squint that she thinks makes her look like a Disney princess.

You know what I'm talking about, Santa. You saw it first hand when you showed up at the kids' school for the annual Pancake Breakfast with Santa.


I will admit, perhaps it has something to do with the photographer (yours truly), because I managed to catch even you with some odd expressions.


Photo opps aside, Santa, thanks for listening to my kids' requests. AJ has been wanting a Lego police boat for a very long time. Sydney, if you couldn't understand her mumbling, was trying to tell you she wants the Barbie Princess Charm School version of a Barbie doll. 


I hope you had a chance to get some pancakes, Santa. They were pretty good. Though watching Sydney turn her breakfast into finger food made me glad we'd had pictures taken before we ate.


And even though he wouldn't smile for me, AJ made me proud. As we went through the line, he told the Boy Scout leader servers, "Two pancakes, please." They told him he was the first child to say "please" all morning.


So anyway, Santa, I've got my stocking in its usual place, and while I'm no mother-of-the-year, I've done my best this year. If you can help me out with this smile request, I'd appreciate it. See you at Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment