Friday, December 2, 2011

Visions of sugar plums...

Sydney had every intention of staying up late and gloating about it to her brother, but then...


Thursday nights are always a little tricky. AJ has to go to bed at the normal time because he has school the next day. However Sydney stays home with me Fridays, and I like when she sleeps in, which means I like to let her stay up late - later than her brother - on Thursday nights.

AJ's pretty much gotten past the "it's not fair" stage, and has moved toward acceptance. That doesn't stop Sydney however from asking each week, "Is this the day I get to stay up later than AJ?"

And so last night I sent her to my room to watch TV while I snuggled with AJ at bedtime. (Jeff was working.) Two hours later I woke up and discovered I'd fallen asleep alongside AJ. I went in search of Sydney and found the above scene. She'd turned off the TV, found my "Christmas bear" decoration (note the 1997 embroidered on its foot - a gift from Jeff the first year we were dating) and climbed under the covers of my bed.

I have no idea how late she stayed up, and I'm guessing by the time she wakes this morning, she won't remember either.

Sweet dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment