Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas card pictures

'Tis the season when I force my family to dress up in festive finery, gather close, stand still and smile brightly. Yes, it's time for the annual Christmas card photo.

This year, for added fun, we decided to use our fireplace as a backdrop. You know, the fireplace that was buried under so many children's toys it took us 45 minutes to sort and clean it all up. Yes, that fireplace. And then, as an added bonus, due to some technical difficulties with a camera lens, we got to do it not just once, but twice! (A huge thank you to my very busy friend Crystal for volunteering on two different days to try and make this crazy crew look good.)

As I looked at the proofs, comparing the good ones and laughing at the outtakes, I couldn't help but think about yesterday's blog post. I'd complained about my kids' lack of smiling in photos with Santa.

It just might be in their genes.


Our cat has become amazingly good at avoiding this annual bit of torture. Both times, as soon as Crystal showed up, Spike ran and successfully hid. Meanwhile, Gus did fairly well. Jeff's iron grip on his collar may have had something to do with that. I warned Gus he better just learn to accept it. This is just one of those things that'll be expected of him for as long as he's in the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment