Saturday, October 13, 2012

A few gems from AJ


A few days ago I bemoaned in a post that AJ wasn't giving me as much blog material as he used to. But he still gives me some. Here are a few:

(Comment at bedtime)
AJ: Mom, I know why I don't like to sleep. It's because I'm pretty hyper and just like to play.

*****

(Conversation one morning while waiting for the bus)
Me: What do you get to do today?

AJ: Pretty much, we're going to do some more high school math.

Me: Oh? What kind of high school math?

AJ: Like, she taught us that 20 - 10 = 2 + 2 +2+2+2

ME: Do you put those twos in parenthesis? (I was thinking he was trying to get down to zero. Now as I type this, I realize the question made no sense.)

Nah, we haven't learned that yet.

*****

Last week at Sunday School, it was a family session, which meant we all sat together and worked on several activities. The final one was for the kids to make cards to send to a couple congregation members who currently deployed in Afghanistan.

Here's what AJ wrote:

No comments:

Post a Comment