Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The masterpiece

Sydney informed me she wanted to draw a picture of me. But not just ay picture, she wanted to create a masterpiece.
 
Always one to encourage the arts, especially if it means I don't have to do anything other than relax on the couch, I happily gave her my best smile.
 
"No, Mom," she told me. "I can't draw people sitting down. I need you to stand up."
 
She then stretched out her arms and legs in a spread eagle pose and said, "Stand like this."
 
Grumbling to myself, I stood up as she requested. And so she started to draw.
 
 
Once, she even looked up to make sure I hadn't moved.
 
 
And then her head went back down as she continued to draw.
 
 
 At last her masterpiece was complete.

 
I think it looks just like me.


1 comment:

  1. Grandma and Grandpa LarsonOctober 17, 2012 at 6:58 AM

    Retired art teacher Grandpa Dave says, "She's right on. Proportions are good. But buy the kid a yellow crayon so she can draw hair."

    ReplyDelete