Thursday, October 11, 2012

The things we do for love

Look out, Patrick. There is a five-year-old with a BIG crush on you.
 

How big? Today Sydney has the opportunity to ride to school with AJ and her Dad (Jeff is chaperoning a field trip for AJ's class), but she has chosen to ride the bus. Why?

Because guess who else is on the bus.

"You're not going to be afraid to ride the bus without AJ?" I sought confirmation.

"I'll be FINE," she answered. "Patrick will sit with me."

Meanwhile, both kids wanted cold lunch today. As I was working on their sandwiches, I asked Sydney if she wanted bologna and cheese, or peanut butter. Most of the time she picks peanut butter, but not today.

"Mom, I'll have bologna and cheese. Patrick sits at the 'no peanut butter table', so I can't sit with him if I have peanut butter."

(Patrick has bad allergies.)

This doesn't quite rise to the level of Prince Edward abdicating the throne to marry Wallis Simpson, but for Sydney to give up peanut butter... this is getting serious!

No comments:

Post a Comment