Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sydney's career path

Maybe it's because she's listened to her brother's career dreams change a couple times each year - from president to Army general to hockey player to baseball player. Or maybe it's because she's as smart and independent as I've always hoped she would be. Sydney has developed highly commendable vision for a five year old.
 
Last night she proudly showed me her latest Lincoln Log creation.
 

"That's awesome!" I complimented her. "You could be an architect when you grow up and design houses. You could even build houses."

"I'll design houses," Sydney nodded, then paused. "Or maybe I'll just be what I want to be."

"That is a great idea," I told her, wondering if she realized what a remarkable comment she'd just made.

She's going to leave me in suspense. She then added, "I'll tell you when I grow up."

Take your time, sweetheart. As long as you have a fulfilling passion to pursue by... let's say your junior year in college, I'll encourage you all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment