Sunday, October 28, 2012

Lions and elephants and pretty girls, oh my!

The greatest show on earth... or at least the greatest show in Esko... has come and gone for another year. And we're all done! No more circus costume stress for this mom! I've sent my two through this annual rite of kindergarten.
 
Compared to the lion costume I had to make for AJ, Sydney's costume was a piece of cake. No sewing, just searching for the pieces from last year's dance recital costume.
 
Here they are: the Eskomo class of 2025.
 
 
When it was time for Sydney's big moment - a spin across the floor on a hobby horse - she did it with great care. Later, she confessed to being a little bit "stage sick" (I assume she meant she had stage fright.)
 
 
At the very end, each child said their name and the part they played. Sydney articulated quite well, and no one can accuse her of rushing her line.

 
Sydney had a big fan base in the audience. AJ's teacher let him come to the show with us. Plus, Grandpa Bill and Grandma Jo were there, as were Grandpa David and Grandma Elouise, who'd just returned from Florida less than 24 hours before.

 
 Best of all, I might never have to listen to the song Melvin the Magnificent ever again. Sydney started singing it a couple weeks ago. AJ, who of course remembers the song, started singing along. And it was absolutely adorable the first few times they sang a duet. And it was sweet the couple times after that because at least they were getting along. And then it was just tolerable because at least they weren't fighting. And now, that song has reached the status of "if I hear it one more time, so help me..."
 
I tried loading video of it here, so you could share my pain. But for some reason I can't get it to post. I'm taking it as a sign that the good and loving Lord agrees I've been tested enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment