Monday, October 15, 2012

Be careful what you wish for

AJ has been wanting to be on TV so bad it hurts. Maybe not him, but the whining has gotten seriously annoying to me.

Earlier this summer he had his big chance: WDIO (my former station) did a feature about the volunteers working to repair the hockey shack following the flood. A reporter interviewed him to get the cute kid perspective about how horrible it would be if he couldn't play hockey in Esko this winter. And AJ gave the swell soundbite, "Oh, it's no big deal, because I would just play in Cloquet, then."

Thankfully, the reporter chose to include a different cute kid in the story.

Last night, he got another chance... at the rally for Esko schools. Had I been the reporter, I don't know if I would have looked so hard to find a useable soundbite, but she did it, and you can see it here.

AJ was still awake when the news aired last night, so I let him get out of bed to watch. When it was done, he covered his ears and proclaimed, "I had no idea it would be so embarrassing!"

And now we can all get on with our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment