Monday, March 2, 2009

Basement update

No one who knows me or has seen my house will ever accuse me of being a neat freak. But I have to say the dust that is coming up from the basement is driving me nuts. It's not that the builders are being careless. They warned me it'd be bad, and even cover the doorway to the basement while they work. It's just a messy process.

And they certainly are making progress. After two weeks of work, we now have lights, walls and a ceiling. (Plus a new window frame and metal studs on two walls to compensate for problems created by our original builder.) Those six gallon pails on the right lead me to believe that taping/mudding is next.

To take this photo, I'm standing in the middle of what will be the family room, looking at where we'll set up our work-out equipment. The hallway on the left leads back to a bathroom, bedroom and storage area.

No comments:

Post a Comment