Friday, March 6, 2009

When it showers, it pours

It's always a challenge to find time for a shower when I'm home alone with the kids. On Friday, with AJ watching TV and Sydney looking through a pile of books in the bathroom, I managed to sneak a few minutes under the soothing stream of hot water.


And then I stepped out of the shower.

And any benefits of those relaxing, brief minutes were instantly gone.

When you see a pile of stuff that had been in the closet, now piled up in the doorway... with a curious dog overseeing it all... you can bet there's an interesting story involved.

A quick survey of the scene revealed Sydney still in the bathroom, but now looking like she'd just gone a round with a boxer. Funny, I hadn't heard any screams or cries. Thankfully, the "bruises" came from Mommy's eye shadow, and were easily wiped off. Sydney had managed to get into my make-up bag.

And where was AJ?


THAT'S why the closet's contents were now on the floor.

"Mom, can you shut the door tight. I'm taking a nap."

"Really? Why don't you go sleep in your bed?"

"I'm not tired. I was just kidding."

No comments:

Post a Comment