Friday, March 27, 2009

A river runs through it...

I just can't imagine the fear that's being felt in Fargo right now... watching a river continue to rise, flowing faster and faster, moving ever closer to swamping dikes and invading homes.

Earlier this week, our normally small river swelled quite a bit and was moving at a pretty good pace, but I think the worst has passed. From our house, the water level looks much higher than usual, but when I walked down closer, it's really not as extreme as it seems. Though it was. Everywhere that you see snow in this picture was flooded with water that's now frozen. That's why the snow hasn't melted. This is the area we cleared last summer. In other words, it's normally dry ground.

My prayers are with those in the Fargo/Moorhead area. In the meantime, I'm holding my breath that Jeff won't be activated to help in the aftermath.

No comments:

Post a Comment