Thursday, March 5, 2009

Let's hear it for a house in order


Our home telephones work! And lightbulbs that have been burned out for weeks have been replaced! I can't believe I'm excited by such basic things. But I am!
There's nothing like a weekend at home to cross off a few silly annoyances from the honey-do list.
When two lightbulbs burned out just two days apart, and that was in addition to two others that had been dead for awhile, it finally pushed me over the edge. I changed the one that could be reached from a chair. Jeff took care of the ones requiring a ladder.
Meanwhile, after complaining for more than a year and a half about our phones and our horrible reception, I finally bought a new set. It was while reading the instructions for the new phones that I learned there probably isn't anything wrong with two of our old phones. Turns out that our DSL Internet connection interferes with our phone lines, therefore we need a filter.
We had one filter (I didn't realize this) attached to our oldest phones. These are the same phones that work fine until the battery dies and drops the call. Meanwhile, this also explains why the two newer phones we received a year ago never worked well. They never had a chance.
Thankfully, buying new phones won't be a total waste of money. We'll be able to use them downstairs once the basement is finished, along with the two semi-new phones that should work good as new once we get another filter.

No comments:

Post a Comment