Thursday, March 26, 2009

Beach day!

After what I believe has been six consecutive days of grey skies, rain/ice/snow and blustery conditions, I can't help but appreciate AJ's sunny imagination.

I've figured out that giving two kids a bath at the same time in our big tub, in the end, saves both time and water (not to mention energy because I don't have to fight to get them to do it.) So last night, I asked the kids if they wanted to go "swimming".

"Yeah!" was AJ's enthusiastic reply. "In your bathtub!"

Sydney, meanwhile, gave non-verbal confirmation by running into her room and grabbing a swim diaper. She then ran into the bathroom to grab her and AJ's swimsuits. She knows the routine!

Once AJ had changed into his suit, he ran through the house shouting, "We're going to the beach!"

A few minutes later, with Sydney happily in the water, I noticed AJ still sitting on the tub's outer ledge.

"Why aren't you in the water?" I asked.

"I'm the life guard."

1 comment:

  1. AJ's got the right idea - a vacation at the beach sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete