Monday, March 16, 2009

We love springtime!

Supposedly our high temp on Sunday was only 43 degrees. Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but I would have guessed it to be at least 10 degrees warmer than that.

This was the kind of day I hope AJ remembers forever. There was absolutely nothing out of the ordinary about it: church in the morning, lunch at home, a walk around the neighborhood followed by playing outside most of the afternoon, then dinner and some serious Lego construction in the evening. But at the same time it highlighted the many simple pleasures that can be found when we spend the day together as a family.

Alas, Sydney won't remember most of it. By the time we got home from our walk, all that fresh air had taken its toll. Either that or she's simply dreaming of warmer seasons to come.

1 comment:

  1. I guess I'm not losing my mind. weather.com says our high yesterday was 54 degrees. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete