Monday, April 5, 2010

Ballerina girl

I can't keep up with how quickly Sydney alternates between tomboy and girlie-girl. One minute she's holding her own with the boys (including her brother) at daycare. The next minute she's excitedly declaring herself a ballerina.

Note the "bow-ee-na" slippers and hair band as she demonstrates her dance moves.


On Saturday, I took her shopping for an Easter dress (nothing like waiting until the last minute.) We found a dress fairly easily, it was finding a sweater to go with it that proved a challenge. As I searched in vain for something not white, Sydney's eyes wandered to the Disney nightgowns hanging on the wall. Because of a coupon I had, the pajamas were basically free, and so I bought them, recognizing that it was the attached slippers she would most love.

I was half right. What I didn't realize was that the set also included a head band. Once we convinced her that it we were saying Hair Band, not Band-aid (I do believe she's the only child in the history of modern medicine who resists band-aids), Sydney allowed us to show her how it would look. And she's pretty much been wearing it ever since.

I guess it's true that accessories are everything. Even for toddlers.

No comments:

Post a Comment