Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fun quotes

Last night, Sydney requested A Day at the Beach as her bedtime story. It's a swell little book featuring Dora the Explorer that I've read... oh... I'm guessing at least a hundred times. As we turned to the first page, I started to recite from memory, "Hola, soy Dora, and this is my best friend Boots."

Sydney interupted me, her eyes wide with excitement, "I go to the beach!"

"Yes, we did go to the beach. What did you do at the beach?"

"I looked for sea shells!"


I love having conversations with her now that she speaks in complete sentences. Often times, they're conversations we've had numerous times, but they're cute none-the-less.
*****
Other cute things that have come from their mouths lately:

AJ: "When I grow up, I want to change my name to Dave."
Me: "You want to be named after your Grandpa David?"
AJ: "Oh." (Apparently he hadn't made that connection.)
Me: "What's wrong with AJ?"
AJ: "I just want a name with more letters."
Me: "We could call you Alex. That's your real name."
AJ: "No, I already have two friends named Alex.
Me: "So can we just stick with AJ?""
AJ: (big sigh) "I guess."
*****
Sydney woke up in the middle of the night, crying out, "Mommy! Mommy!"
Rushing to her bed, I crawled in next to her and soothed, "It's okay. Mommy's here."
She wrapped her arms tightly around my neck and announced, "I was SO worried!"
*****
Watching the Twins game with Jeff a few nights ago, AJ held his Justin Morneau baseball card tightly in his hand. A little later, while I was out of the room, AJ excitedly shouted, "Mommy, Justin No-more got a hit!"

No comments:

Post a Comment