Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Vacation memories

The sad thing about taking little kids on an elaborate vacation is knowing they probably won't remember any of it long term. In the short term, however, it's interesting to discover what does stand out for them.

For instance, as I dressed Sydney for Sunday School a few days ago, in a little denim jumper that I love, Sydney proclaimed, "I wear this to the beach!"

I was confused for a minute, but then recalled she was right, sort of. The last time she'd worn it was in Florida.

And later that day, we'd gone to the beach. (We'd changed her out of the dress by that point.)

That was the day (it's so nice of Sydney to give me a perfect transition into fun stories I've yet to put on the blog) Jeff learned about misjudging drop-offs and the size of waves.

It was also one of the best overall days of the trip, I think for all of us. Lots of sunshine and sea shells as we visited Marco Island, and the temperature was fabulous, at least by our standards. (Those wimpy Florida folks still thought it was a tad chilly.)

I can't believe it's already been a month since we were there. I'm definitely ready for another vacation.

1 comment:

  1. The Marco Island is a refreshing place to have a memorable vacation with family. It is one of the largest and busiest beaches of Florida.

    The main attractions of the island are tropical white beaches and frolicking dolphins. The sea food is so delicious and delightful.

    ReplyDelete