Sunday, April 11, 2010

Dinosaur bones

I probably should feel a little guilty about misleading my daughter, but I figure - hey - she's only two. She'll never remember. And besides, she started it.

While down in the cities this past weekend for a hockey tournament for Jeff, the kids and I took a side trip to the Children's Museum in St. Paul. It has a dinosaur exhibit right now, which absolutely terrified Sydney until AJ found a section where they could "dig for bones".

It was the perfect exhibit: kind of like a sandbox, out of viewing range of the big model T-rex, and it had cool vests (like Diego wears) and even goggles. Sydney was fascinated.

Though she didn't quite grasp that the purpose was to sweep aside the grey foam pieces to discover white "bones" underneath. Instead, she proudly held up the little grey pieces proclaiming, "I found dinosaur bones."

This frustrated her brother to no end. "Those aren't dinosaur bones, Sydney!"

Since she'd had so much fun searching for little grey pieces on Saturday, I suggested a new game when we got home on Sunday. Every spring we find little grey rocks from our garden scattered around our yard. The rocks bare a striking resemblance to the foam pieces at the Children's Museum. And so Sydney went to work again in search of "dinosaur bones."

I think she got 'em all!

No comments:

Post a Comment