Saturday, April 17, 2010

Phone app fun

We've had our iPhones not quite three months and I continue to think it is one of the greatest inventions ever. Everything I need in one little rectangle: access to e-mail, grocery lists, maps, camera, music and games to keep the kids happy on long car rides. It's all there.

And sometimes I even use the thing to make phone calls. What a concept!

Currently, Sydney is fascinated by the How to Train your Dragon "book" app. AJ's latest favorite is Connect 4. I recently skimmed an article predicting how touch screens are the future of computers, and watching AJ, I believe it's true. He's gotten so used to sliding his finger around the iPhone's screen; I recently noticed him sliding his finger on our lap top's screen trying to get it to page down.

As for me, I'm having fun with some of the camera apps. How else would I be able to turn my children into Dr. Seuss characters?


Or learn what they'd look like if built out of Legos?


Now if only someone would invent an app that doesn't just remind me of the housework on my to do list, but actually does it for me. (Sigh) Can you tell today's agenda is for some serious spring cleaning?

No comments:

Post a Comment