Saturday, April 3, 2010

Signs of spring

There is some symbolism here that I just can't ignore.

Friday morning, heading back up the driveway after getting the newspaper, I noticed that my pot of Christmas boughs, which has stood since early December, had been blown over by Thursday night's strong winds.





About 15 feet further up the sidewalk, I found this:


A weed, yes. But it's blooming and pretty and extremely exciting to see so early in April.


This comes after a week of way-above-average temperatures. I actually hung up the kids' winter coats, which certainly ensures one more cold snap before the arrival of summer.

Last Wednesday, March 31st, I was able to go jogging in shorts and a tank top. It was heavenly. I shaved over 30 seconds/mile off my typical running time. Ironically, last year on March 31, we were hit with a snowstorm that shut down schools and even the local shopping mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment