Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter memories

I hope my kids remember Easter of 2010. There was nothing particularly remarkable about it, just a lot of little things that, together, made it a pretty great day.

It started, of course, with a made dash around the house in search of Easter eggs.



AJ amazed and impressed me in the midst of digging through his Easter basket he actually paused and asked, "Mom, Jesus came alive again, right?"

Hallelujah, he has been paying attention!





The Easter bunny seemed to find the best balance yet between not too much candy and not too many nick-knack toys that don't interest the kids beyond the first few minutes. Though I do hope the bunny makes a mental note for next year that smaller bottles of bubbles are best. They may not be the best buy, but they're far less messy when the kids knock them over, which they invariably do.


After church, and before heading to Gayle Jaski's for lunch, we spent about an hour outside, blowing and spilling bubbles, and later playing baseball.

I was happy that AJ even wanted to pick up a bat and ball. On Saturday, while playing ball with Jeff, AJ decided to use his face, rather than the bat to make contact with the ball, slicing his lip open in the process.

Even the pets couldn't resist Sunday's warm and sunny weather. Maggie managed to find a few long lost tennis balls. Hopefully they were all hers originally. She's been known to bring some home from the neighbors.


I hadn't noticed that Spike had snuck out, until she very vocally made it clear she was ready to head back inside.

I vaguely recall an Easter when I was really little that was downright hot. The thing I remember the most was getting to run around barefoot in my grandparents backyard.



While this Easter didn't get that warm, it just may be one of the few my kids will ever experience in which they can run around outside in such light clothing. In fact, I think it's the only one they've experienced to date without snow on the ground

1 comment:

  1. Next year you just might possibly have a warmer Easter for those memories. It's a late one in 2011. It's on April 24th, which is about the latest Easter can be.

    ReplyDelete